Thursday, July 22, 2010

Your mother she's an heiress, owns a block in Saint John's Wood

And your father'd be there with her
If he only could
But don't play with me, 'cause you're playing with fire
¬Rolling Stones

7/14/10 Continued

From Greenwich I catch the Jubilee line to St. John's Wood to cross the famed Abbey Road, made famous by the cover to a Beatles album that shares its name. As I approached the street I heard Penny Lane playing from someone's phone, boombox or something.

Having your picture taken crossing the street isn't as easy as you might think because the road is still very much in use and traffic is rather heavy (or at least it was when I went). After 5-7 minutes of waiting I managed to get the shot I needed. I have slight sympathy for those who live here and are trying to get home, but seriously they cant get too upset. They knew what they were getting into when they decided to drive this way. I then got a picture of Abbey Road Studios, this time crossing the street for real, and added my signature to the thoroughly vandalized (with love) wall in front of it. If you ever visit look for it, that is if the rain hasn't washed it away or it hasn't been painted over. It is exactly 42 poles (in the gate) to the right from the left driveway entrance of the studio (if you are facing the studio). It is just to the right of the webcam. Ironically, I had the above cited Rolling Stones song stuck in my head because of the tube stop. Next time I visit I'd like to bring an iPod, sit on a bench, and listen to the whole album, while watching people cross the road in a Frogger-like fashion, trying to get across.

I got back and went out with some classmates to Leicester Square. We had dinner at Biagio an Italian place by Chinatown then drinks at O'Neils. I'm really going to miss the London nightlife when I'm gone.
It Isn't as simple as you'd think

No comments:

Post a Comment