Wednesday, June 30, 2010

BBC

Missus, will you
Make me tea, make love to me
Put on the telly
TO THE BBC
¬Ming Tea

6/23/10

Today after the usual activities (breakfast, reading class, etc.) I go with the program to visit BBC studios. Impressive and entertaining of course, but not what you’d expect. The place looks the same as it did in the sixties, I get to play with some interesting sound effects in a control room and I learn about how TV is publicly funded here which is very interesting distinction with privatized TV in the US and furthers my understanding of some of the regulations we talked about in the Media Law course. The tour also took place during a must win game for England and as soon as a goal was scored you could feel the place rattle with enthusiasm. When I get back I make the final booking arrangements for the bus to and hostel in Wales.


The Entrance of BBC Studios

Outside the studios
Some props from the set of Dr Who
Statue in the middle of BBC that used to be a fountain

1 comment:

  1. Nice man! Love the blog. Thanks for sharing. I'm just a little jealous. I mean, summer school in Springfield is great, but...LONDRES! Aprovecha!

    ReplyDelete