Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Oh God Save History...

God save your mad parade
Oh Lord God have mercy
All crimes are paid
¬Sex Pistols

Today while I was making my way to Westgate Street to catch the the 32 bus to St. Fagans, I overheard the a marching band and went to see what it was. I check it out and learn that today is armed forces day for all of Great Britain and this year the parade was being held in Cardiff. I stop for a while, lend some support and take a few pictures. I feel very lucky to have stumbled upon this. It was very proper, regal, and British and had everything you would expect from an armed forces parade here: black furry hats, anachronistic guns being carried for display, lots of waving flags, horses, and best of all Prince Charles and Camilla riding in their car. The city is especially busy today, not just because of the parade but also because Paul McCartney is in town. Interesting how this city became twice as crowded. The downside though was that the buses were affected by it as well but the bus to St Fagans came soon enough.





These pictures pretty much speak for themselves

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention the date here. This is the morning of 6/26/10.

    ReplyDelete